2 cups fresh green olives
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup fresh mint chopped
7 cloves garlic minced
2-3 pomegranates (1 cup of pomegranate juice)
¼ cup of sugar
4 spoons olive oil virgin
1. Peel the pomegranates. With a kitchen blender, crush the grains and strain the result in order to obtain pomegranate juice.
2. Place the juice in a saucepan. Add the sugar gradually until its texture is syrupy (approx. 45 minutes)
3. Place the olives (either whole or shred), the chopped walnuts and the mint in a bowl, and stir well.
4. Add the pomegranate syrup and the olive oil, and mix until the ingredients are combined.
5. Add salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Serve cold.